Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kinda pathetic, I know...

In less than a month, D and I will celebrate 4 years of togetherness. It's crazy to think how quickly it went by, and how when I was younger I never thought I would last in a relationship this long... I always wondered how people did it... I mean, wouldn' t they run out of things to talk about? Wouldn't it get boring, waking up with the same person everyday? Wouldn't it be so routine, so practiced, that it would be predictable and get old?

No.

He is my best friend...he sees me on my best and worst days and loves me anyway. We never run out of things to talk about and we're still learning about each other. I love him so much it hurts sometimes.

Which is why this whole graveyard shift thing is so hard for me.

Last night especially...I don't know why, but I couldn't sleep without him. Usually having Leo (our puppy) on the bed helps, because he takes up the place that D would...but Leo was snoring last night which didn't help matters at all. I almost cried myself to sleep because I miss him, and we've seen so little of each other lately...

It seems stupid, and maybe a little pathetic..but when you get used to the luxury of sleeping next to the same person for years and then the schedule changes, it's not fun nor easy. He sleeps when I'm awake now, and vice versa.

I know we'll have to get used to it in < 6 months, but we have that much time still and I don't want to. :(

1 comment:

  1. Les and I have done both graveyard shifts & distance.

    Graveyard shifts are the worst.

    When he worked graveyards at ampm in lyndon, I went into a dark state of mind. We both did, actually. We were depressed. Hardly spoke, and when we did we didn't really look at each other. We spent lots of time glued to our computers and sleeping separately from each other... cuz our schedules would not allow otherwise.

    It. Was. Terrible.

    I can't sugar coat it and give you a way out that makes it better because the only way out that we found was Les's job with Kirby. And though that job super sucked too and never even paid him for those two or three weeks of 13 hour days, I'm forever grateful because it got us out of that rut with the graveyard shifts.

    I know you guys will find your way through the dark. Just remember to look at each other when you get the chance... remember to cuddle. Remember that just because you're in a bad spot now doesn't mean you will be in one forever. <3

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...