Sunday, November 26, 2023

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only one). 

When people find out I served in the military, if they're not familiar with my history, there are a couple things that happen:

1) they ask if I met my husband while I was in the military
2) they ask if he served

Neither of those are true. I have known my husband since we were in 6th grade. We met at a church group, and I saw him and thought he was just the cutest thing. We had a date at a movie (I don't remember which one, unfortunately) and when his nana dropped me off, he gave me my first kiss on my porch. 

Soon after, we "broke up." I put broke up in quotes, because at that age, who knows.... lol. 

Despite breaking up, we had a pretty mutual friend circle, for the most part, so I saw him occasionally. We didn't talk for a few years but I always thought he was cute. I don't know what he thought of me back then, but I guess it doesn't matter now.

Fast forward to 2007, my then-employer was having a Christmas party and the person I originally invited flaked on me, so I invited him to go with me after re-connecting at a party the night before. He agreed, and honestly, the rest is history.

We are 6 months too late to call ourselves high school sweethearts, but we have been together since I was 19. He's been THE constant in my adult life, seen me at my best, my worst, and every shade in between. He's my voice of reason, and my best friend...he puts up with all my shit, my attitudes, and he hasn't left yet. He can ground me and put me in my place if I need it, and he always makes me laugh. Of course, the best thing is that he gave me our three kids. He knew I always wanted to be a mom and he made that dream come true. He's followed me along every dream I've had and supported me every step of the way. 

So anyway, that's our story. 15 years, 3 kids, and many more adventures to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...