Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog challenge day 9

Today's topic: 10 people who have influenced me and why. Get your tissues, folks. I have a feeling this one might get emotional.

First and foremost, my Grandma Jo. This woman...I cannot say enough good things about her. She, to me, is love. She has lost so much in her life and has never given up. I am amazed by her strength. If I can be half the woman she is, I still will not be good enough. I admire her to the moon and back. She, without even knowing it, helps me see the light at the end of the tunnel when my stubborn self only sees darkness. If I didn't have her in my life, I would not have as much compassion as I do. I admire her to the moon and back.

Then there is my husband. He puts up with SO MUCH MORE than he needs to. He encouraged me to join the navy, which was an amazingly great career move, he inspires me every day to simply be better. He is love. Our chapter is only beginning and I am so excited to see where it goes. Forever is not long enough to spend with him...almost 6 years later, it still feels like the honeymoon.

Next comes my mother. She didn't have much growing up, but she made the most of it. Obviously I wouldnt be here without her, but she inspires me to have what she never did. I'm not talking about materialistic stuff - I could care less about that. I'm talking about always seeing the good in people...always giving people a second chance...always forgiving...she's stronger than she realizes. I love her so much and wouldn't be here without her, but I am so thankful for the closeness we have!

Let me tell you something about the next one. Every morning, without fail, he kisses my mom and tells her how beautiful she is and says he loves her. That, my friends, is beautiful to me. He may be old fashioned but i have adopted so many of his principals into my life and i really don't care what others think of it, because I have him to thank for it. My step dad is not only the greatest man i know, but he is my hero. Whenever i talk about him i get super emotional because there is so much love in my heart for him. I think the best part about him is how much he can teach a person and not even realize the impact he has. I can't even say enough for him except every single day i hope i am doing him proud by the choices i make. He is an amazing inspiration to me and I have nothing but love for him.

My oldest (biological) brother Josh is one of the smartest, most stubborn people i know. He challenges your beliefs which is both fascinating and frustrating. lol. I love debating with him because he opens my mind to so many new things. He inspires me because he is both street smart and book smart and incredibly resourceful. We are really alike and sometimes we don't realize just how much.

Women who have babies really close in age and can maintain a happy marriage and a career, and their sanity. They may have help that I don't know about but they definitely make it look easier than I'm sure it is.

On that note, dads who step up. Dads in general don't get enough credit. It's all about the mom because she carried and birthed the child, but the dad, in most cases, PUT UP WITH HER THROUGH IT! lol. That takes a lot of patience to tell a woman she is beautiful every day when she is not comfortable with herself. But I really truly admire dads who marry a woman with kids who aren't biologically his and take them under his wing as his own. I tell you, that can save a life.

My "person" Stacy inspires me because I think she's one of the, if not THE only friend I have who has obtained a bachelors degree, got married, and doesn't have kids. I love her because she is not afraid to speak her mind, and doesn't care what other people think. I know her as loyal, trusting, and an all around great person. She is incredibly goal oriented, too. When she wants something, she won't stop until she gets it. She's full of creative ideas, too...which is always fresh in an ever depressing society.

That's eight. I really can't think of two more, unless I get into celebrities which I don't want to do. Who are some of your inspirations?

4 comments:

  1. Aw! You're too kind. :) You are incredibly inspirational to us as well. I like that Grandma Jo got top billing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean for it to be in any special order. ;) but it's great that it turned out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Emily you did it again i had to use a whole box of kleenex. I have several people who inspire me and all for different reasons, but all i will say is i hope i make them as proud of me as they do me everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i read jerry the part you wrote about him and he loved it

      Delete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...