Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog challenge day 8

Today's topic: What are 5 passions you have?

I won't list them in any particular order, because if it's a passion to me, it obviously means a lot.

-Anything that has to do with animal rights and the proper care of animals, which even goes into vegetarianism. I won't go into my typical tangent, but I really enjoy educating people about things in their life they could be doing better, in regards to eating non-meat and little things to make their pets' lives easier.

-Marriage/love, in particular, mine. I come from a divorced family, whereas my husbands parents have been together for a long time. It's an interesting dynamic, because we obviously don't want to get divorced and there are a lot of values we want to pass down to our family. I have always been a hopeless romantic and I'm excited that I have someone to share that with. :)

-The work I do. It may not seem like much when we sit in port for months at a time, but the maintenance and preservation we do, as well as standing watches underway, driving the ship, etc. have the potential to get us out of dangerous situations when we are underway. I know that what I'm doing can inspire people and make a difference, even if I don't notice it while I'm doing it.

-Reading. I've said before that my favorite smell is new book smell, and it's totally true. There's nothing like a quiet Sunday curled up on the couch reading a book.

-Teaching. This ties a lot into my daily life...I teach those junior to me about the work we do in regards to maintenance, or how to drive the ship, or what we do during unrep. It not only refreshes me, but it teaches them, and I love that feeling.

-Crime tv shows. Law and Order: SVU is a favorite of mine. I like shows that teach the realities of what happens on the dark side of life. It sucks, but it happens and there is something that needs to be done about it.

Stay tuned for the next topic, 10 people who have influenced (me) and how. Have a great Sunday & week!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry I haven't been doing this!!! Life has been a real bitch!
    I love your passions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a fan of your passions. You should check out the show 'Motive'. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...