Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog challenge day 11

As promised, today's challenge is about 10 of my pet peeves! Let's get started.

First of all, why are they called pet peeves? Why can't they be called blood boilers, or annoyances? lol

Next. People who don't use their turn signal when driving. Not only is it a serious safety hazard, but it's also just stupid. It takes NO effort to turn it on. With that, EXPIRED TABS. omg. I get they're ridiculously expensive, but if you drive it's an expense you need to account for. There is no excuse!

People (employees) who don't speak English in America. I understand we are a nation of diversity, but English is believed to be our native tongue. If I go to a non-English speaking country, I would try my best to respect their customs and learn their language.

Those who don't tip in restaurants. I don't know if they realize that it's what we do here and it's how servers make their living, but to take up a table for hours and make a person run back and fourth and leave next to nothing (or literally nothing) is just rude.

Girls who wear leggings as pants. I don't think there is much more to add to this.

People who disrespect their uniform off-duty. I'm speaking mostly about military personnel. I see some dirt bags. Just because they think they're not on base doesn't mean that people aren't watching them.

Bad spellers/people who suck at grammar. Mom, I love you. lol.

Blatantly ignorant people who express said ignorance against bull terriers and other dogs. When will we start looking at pet OWNERS as the cause of their behavior? Sure, some dogs have it wired in them to be more aggressive than other breeds. But it can be controlled. I won't go on my usual tangent, but really their ignorance makes me sad. It's not hard to educate ourselves.

Fair weather sports fans. People who only like their "team" when they win.

A bonus one. Open cupboards. Not that hard to close them! I'll never forget one time my husband opened EVERY cupboard in my mom's house just because he knew it bothered me. But he got a good laugh from it, so I guess it was okay.

What are some of your peeves?

Stay tuned for the next topic: Describe a typical day in your current life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...