Sunday, November 20, 2011

5 in 5

I was reading some of my older posts, and I came across one from a WBT back in January called 5 in 5...basically, five different scenarios of where I see myself in 5 years. Back then I REALLY wanted a baby. Crazy how almost a year can change things... here's an updated list :)

-In five years I will be just getting out of the navy if I don't decide to re-enlist. This will warrant us the opportunity to move somewhere fresh, or move back to Washington.

-We are married and despite that i'm in the navy, we got pregnant. it's all good because i've been in for about 2 years now. He's working at a job he loves and will do the whole "mr. mom" thing while i'm at sea.

-Turns out, something really stupid got me disqualified from joining the Navy and being shipped out. So here we are, still in Sequim and I'm settling for a less-than-what-I'm-capable-of job. Luckily though, D went to school and just graduated and landed himself a once in a lifetime opportunity type of job so we're moving. He will make enough so I don't have to work if I don't want to.

-I'm back in school finishing up my bachelor's degree, preparing to go to Officer Candidate School.

-We are going to adopt! Social services really likes us and likes the fact that I am in a 'position of power' with my job...things are looking up! I got to see a lot of the world while at sea so I'm prepared and ready for the amazing opportunities of motherhood! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this! Makes me want to go back and find my 5 in 5 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. you should go into your settings and make it so people don't have to fill out that stupid capcha security thingie or whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...