Thursday, November 17, 2011

Working out

Wow. Tonight I found out how out of shape I really am. Case in point: I cannot do one push up. Properly, that is. My form is all sorts of messed up, I can't get myself straight...and lord knows it's hard enough for me to go down and bring myself up all the way.

But I'm trying. I won't give up. The goal before I go to sleep is to do at least five solid push ups. Then tomorrow, I will do the forsaken run I've been putting off. I really like running...or at least I used to...we'll see how I do!

My sit ups are ok. The problem I have with them is that my butt slides and I can't stay in the same position for long...so technically, they're not "proper" sit ups.

This is harder than I thought.. :/

Word to the wise: next time a skinny person says they need to get in shape, don't look at them like they just insinuated they are 500 pounds...that's NOT what we're saying. What we're saying is what we said: we need to get in shape...starting by changing our diet, cutting out what's bad for us, and taking care of ourselves...

1 comment:

  1. Emily, do these:

    http://youtu.be/YrrkPF8WxL8

    Do 100 of them EVERY DAY. (one dip, one lift, two dip, two lift). These really help you get stronger, and you can do them ANYWHERE. All you need is a solid surface to sit at. Chair, bench, ledge, counter top... whatever surface you have, make it work.

    ALSO every day make sure you eat really healthy meats like white meat chicken, white meat turkey, and white meat tuna. Also once in a while enjoy a really juicy steak. PLEASE. I beg you do not eat vegetarian while you are trying to get a healthy body.

    If you must be a vegetarian, have LOTS of protein shakes. I'm talking like as much protein as you can handle eating. You can't really have too much. ^_^

    And eat oranges, grape fruits, blue berries, apples, and bananas.
    These are the super good for you fruits. :)
    ----

    My comment the other day was something along the lines of this:

    If someone scoffs at you for trying to get in shape, take it as a compliment. What they are really saying is that they feel that they need it more than you do. That means you look good! I know it can be frustrating. Don't let it discourage you from the workout/health food, just take it for what it is: the other person is insecure.

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...