Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Blog challenge day 24

Today's topic: my family dynamic as a child v. my family dynamic now.

I come from what some would call a "broken home," meaning that my parents were divorced and/or remarried to other people. But after I turned 6, my home wasn't completely broken anymore. We were saved.

Even still, as a girl, I dreamed about what most girls dream about: the big poofy dress, the prince whisking me away, and us having a hundred kids and living happily ever after.

That was, at least, my end dream. I had dreams in between, but that would be the ultimate.

It's funny how dreams change.

Today, about a year and some change after being married, I do still dream of having kids, but only two. My wedding wasn't like the one I had always dreamed of, but my "prince" was. I think THAT'S what matters...not how you get married or what you wear or where it is, but who the person is that you're exchanging vows with. I don't believe in divorce for myself, so I made sure that I hit a home run the first time around.

Next topic: If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

Merry Christmas Eve, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...