Sunday, December 15, 2013

Blog challenge day 22

Hello again! I am officially on leave until the 27th of this month! It's about time, I am super excited. I want to finish up this challenge before I go back to work, because I'm afraid that once I get back I won't have time.

Just a quick update before I start the next challenge topic. I am still a BMSN, didn't pick up third nor did I get capped. I was told that I was selected to get capped (which for you civilians is basically a surprise from the captain that means you are automatically, effective immediately, made and paid for the next pay grade) but unfortunately the higher ups changed their minds because someone got a big award. Oh well. I can't talk about it because it gets me upset, and not in a good way. There are some things I can't change and I'd rather not dwell on them.

Alright, so back on track. The challenge is where do I see myself in 5, 10, 15 years. Bear in mind this is going to be mostly from a professional standpoint. Here we go!

Five years from now puts me at 30. I will be in my second enlistment with the USN, on shore duty (I hope) with one, maybe two kids. Before the navy I always said I'd have all my kids out before thirty...but it's funny how someone more powerful than us can up and change the plans we have for ourselves. But I can say that I will definitely have at least one child by this time, well on my way to being a BM1.

Ten years from now, I will be 35. I will be almost 12 years into the Navy, hopefully a Chief, and I will be done having children. Still happily married though.

Fifteen years from now, I will be almost retired. A BMC or BMCS (senior chief) thinking about my next career move and where we would like to all settle down.

Stay tuned for the next topic: My top 5 hobbies and why I have them.

PS....can ya'll BELIEVE that 2013 is almost gone?! This year flew by!

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to know more about hobbies outside of work. You should write a book or something. :p Will be interesting to see what you post on your next blog...wondering if they might have an effect on your 5/10/15 year plan at all...

    PS You'll be an awesome mom! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned my brother. :)

    Thanks, I hope i will!

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...