Monday, December 23, 2013

Blog challenge day 23

Alrighty folks...my top five hobbies and why I have them...

In no order, of course...

It was sort of hard for me to think of five things outside of work that I like to do because I am so invested in my career. lol but here they are.

-Reading. I love reading, I always have. Why? So many reasons, but mostly because reading keeps the mind sharp. We learn things about ourselves through the characters that we build in our minds that live in these books. Whether fiction or non fiction, there is always something to take away. My husband says I don't do it enough and he's so right, unfortunately. But, I love it.

-Helping animals. Why? I shouldn't have to explain this one, but I will. Not only do they depend on us because they cannot speak for themselves, but there is something soothing and satisfying about showing them that you care and seeing it in their face that they understand. Animals are so underestimated, they are much smarter than humans give them credit for.

-Cooking. I try to be inventive, but I usually settle for simple things because I don't feel like cooking big things when I get home from work. But it's fun.

-Writing. I used to write for my college newspaper and fell in love with journalism in doing so. Since I've been out of school, I've unfortunately let my creative outlets be put on the sidelines. But honestly, I'm disappointed with todays media. When I was writing for the paper, of course we had to keep what we wrote relavent to the school, but it was what people actually needed to know...not which celebrities are getting divorced or what they're naming their babies...at the end of the day no one should care about that. There are bigger problems in the world...hell there are SMALLER problems in the world that render more importance than that.

-Lastly...and I gotta warn ya'll that this may be TMI (Sorry Josh)... but I love sex. Let me make one thing clear. I love sex with my HUSBAND. I'm a one man woman and I take that very seriously. But I think it's an amazing thing to know that what we're doing (and having fun doing it) will someday make a baby...create a life, a family.

So there ya'll have it. I would love to hear your thoughts. I do have more hobbies than those, but outside of work, that's what takes up my time. :) What are some things that you all like to do? What are some good books you've read lately?

Stay tuned for the next topic: Describe your family dynamic of your childhood v. your family dynamic now.






4 comments:

  1. Well, I approve of most of those.

    ...think you spend too much time with animals.

    ...yes, that includes DC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm. I don't think I spend enough time with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with Josh on the fact that i appove of most of them and i need to make it a point to read more myself and like you i love animals but dont have alot of time to spend with them as i would like due to the fact that work keeps me busy and as for the sex part well i like it to and i had to have it at least three times otherwise i wouldnt have the best kids in the world but you dont want to hear that cause the children dont like hearing about there parents sex life or other things like that well thats all i have to say for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and as for the writing i dont have much talent in that at all and the cooking i love to cook but dont get alot of chances to do so or experment with different things

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...