Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I hope to teach my kids (or youth of the world) -- WBT

-I want to teach my kids, first and foremost, to not be scared of who they are. By this, I mean, don't pretend to be someone they're not just to please someone else.

-I want to teach them that I'm their mother first, friend second, but that doesn't mean they can't come to me if they're scared/insecure/whatever.

-I want them to love a God. It could be the Christian God, or whichever God they see fit, but I think it's necessary for them to have faith and that kind of guidance in their life.

-I will teach them support. I will support them with whatever decisions they support in life, as long as it's for the greater good.

-I will teach them that we have three things in life of the upmost importance: faith, hope, and love...and the greatest of these is love. I will teach them to love with all their heart, even when it's hard...love their enemies, because hating them is so much harder and not worth the stress it ensues.

-I hope to teach them the importance of education. Growing up, it was never assumed that I'd go to college...it wasn't ever really brought up or expected. I'm not saying I'm going to push it down their throats, but I will say that I do expect them to at least give it a shot. I know that higher education isn't for everyone, and if they decide they hate it, then that's that.

I'm sure there's more that I want to teach my kids. But these were the first to come to my head. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...