Friday, October 14, 2011

What's your opinion of ex's being friends on social networking sites? Ex's who haven't dated in nearly five years...ex's who haven't spoken in just about as long...but an ex whom you had pretty strong feelings for...an ex who was your first love.

Yeah, he requested me on FB. Those close to me know how I felt about him...I was young and completely crazy. We had some really great times & I don't regret the experience...but I think being friends again, even if it is on a Web site, isn't the best idea. On the other hand, it's not like we're meeting up for lunch...it's not like we'd really even "talk" to each other.

I can't speak for him, but I'm happy today. I'm in a really good relationship, finally feeling like I might have a chance to be somebody. I'm not the same seventeen year old I was when we were together. I haven't completely changed either, but I know myself a little better.

Chances are I'm reading too much into this, as I usually do. Maybe he really does just want to see what's new in my life...maybe he doesn't want to persuade me to get back together... or, maybe I'm just as naive as I was then. Who knows...

What would you do? We were only together for about 8 months, and that was a few years ago...but as I said, he was my first love...so it's not like we "dated" in seventh grade and he moved away and then moved back or something...we were kinda serious. Would you add him or leave him in the past?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Lovin the new layout!
    If it were me, I would add him, but put him in a "limited profile" list, so that he couldn't creeper spy on me.

    But then he would *know* because he still couldn't see your wall and all that stuff...

    So I'd add him to like... an "acquaintances" or even an "exes" circle on google+ ...cuz then it would just say "Stacy has added you to her circles. Add Stacy to your circles?"

    lol

    plug for google+

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...