Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Camping without kids

A couple weekends ago, D and I packed up our tents and our two dogs and hit the road - without our children. Our goal was to start camping again and we thought it would be best to have a trial run without them just in case. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been camping as a child, so I was rusty...but I love being in nature, so I was up for the challenge. We also needed alone time. When you don’t have kids, you don’t realize how important it is to reconnect and get away from the crazy and just be a couple. For us, considering the recent changes in our lives, this was 100% necessary. We needed to not be Mom and Dad for a couple days (even though we still are, 24/7, 365, no matter what)...we HAD to make the time for us.

It’s hard leaving them. I have been working so much, I feel like I don’t see them enough as it is, so taking a few days away from them voluntarily seemed crazy. Once we got on the road, it was okay. I  finished a book I have been reading for months, I went for a few walks, I assembled and disassembled the tent, and I was able to relax.

It was great. Little rainy, but fun.

Next time, the kiddos are coming. It’s not the same without them.

What are your thoughts?

Until next time,
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Super glad to see that you're still writing, I will share links to your blog from mine if you want?

    Good for you guys to get just 'YOU' time. Get a break. 'Cause, fuck...kids are great, right? You love 'em. But sometimes...lol

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...