Thursday, February 28, 2013

Say it if it's worth saving me...

I saw a photo someone took of me recently and had to look twice.

I didn't recognize that person at all.

They said they were going to show me the picture, and then opened up to it. I waited. When they didn't select a different one, I thought, why are they showing me this?

Then I saw it. I will show it to you and let you be the judge, but first let me ask you: have you ever been in a situation like this? It's ...scary thinking you have completely lost yourself.

That's it. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have recognized you, either.
    But that doesn't mean you have completely lost yourself.

    We all need to remember that we are not our bodies. We *are* some sort of collection of thoughts and memories and feelings. We are mostly our brains... but often times when we are confronted with our bodies, things get weird.

    It's like the image we have had of ourselves is completely off balance.

    For example... who the fuck is this girl? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6j2xX9-MSeo/UJjT4F0YZEI/AAAAAAAAGFg/1LoohFgThdU/s1600/IMAG1316.jpg

    And who is THIS ONE? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BkhonXZZfZo/UJjT2NhpfiI/AAAAAAAAGFI/DwqBJBzbLkw/s1600/IMAG1289.jpg

    I much prefer this girl, I think: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WtkOwKtikKg/UJjR72H7JHI/AAAAAAAAGEU/Q2uZeXWfJYg/s1600/IMAG2472.jpg

    ...but right now, that's not me, either.


    Not to mention, you don't spend any length of time looking at yourself in that outfit in a full length mirror, I'm sure, let alone one at that distance and angle.

    So that in itself could put you off balance.


    But remember, you haven't lost yourself. You are still in there, growing and changing, but definitely still you.

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...