Thursday, September 3, 2015

How becoming a mother has made me a better friend

I'll be honest. In the past, I was a crappy friend. I was a workaholic (still am) and I would find excuses to get out of social things.

Things are so different now! I go to baby showers, birthday parties, whatever. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I would want my friends to come to my baby's birthday party. I cant imagine what it feels like to invite people and no one shows up.

Does it have to do with the fact that I have my own car now? Who knows. Maybe it's because I'm more centrally located and not in the boonies? I don't have to depend on other people or put them out for a ride?

I don't really know. But I do know that it feels good to be a better friend. At the end of the day, it makes me a better person, too, I think.

xox

3 comments:

  1. You were always a good friend. I think you had trained yourself that no one would miss you (not true), and other things (work, school, hubby/family time) were more necessary, due to your frequent inability to go out. I miss you all the time!! I'm Glad to hear you're getting your social self back. I hope we get to spend lots of time together in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were always a good friend. I think you had trained yourself that no one would miss you (not true), and other things (work, school, hubby/family time) were more necessary, due to your frequent inability to go out. I miss you all the time!! I'm Glad to hear you're getting your social self back. I hope we get to spend lots of time together in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. I think it may have also had to do with the fact that I always lived so far out from everyone else, I just got used to not being social. IDK. I'm a big kid now, lol. I miss you SO SO MUCH. I am so excited to come home and share the journey of motherhood with you!

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...