Saturday, July 6, 2013

New and exciting changes/challenges

Wow, so I am ecstatic. This Tuesday, I will be going to a seminar to sign up for distance learning courses to begin my bachelors degree! This is something I have wanted to do for a while, and now the opportunity has finally presented itself! I'm not sure what my major is going to be just yet, but it is definitely going to have a legal/criminal justice emphasis. The courses will be done through Saint Leo University, which is based out of Florida. It is an older school, and also has Catholic/liberal roots. (That doesn't really matter to me too much, as I will probably never set foot on the actual campus). Classes begin in early August, and are self-paced, wrapping up in November. All I have to pay for are any books or supplies needed for the courses. What's great is the ship will be in the yards during this period so I don't have to worry about any underways or anything like that. (For my civilian readers, 'in the yards' means that it will be moored for a lengthy time to undergo maintenance and workups for deployment readiness).

Along with that, I will be studying for my third class petty officer exam, which i take in September, and my ESWS pin, which I hope to obtain early next year. At the same time I'll be knocking out my in-rate qualifications, and continuing to learn and teach others. It's about time.

I am so glad to finally be busy and so grateful for this opportunity! Hooyah NAVY!

As always, though, wish me luck. :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! I am looking into academy of art university. Its spendy but looks like a great school!

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...