Monday, February 7, 2011

WBT -- travels!

I'm a girl who has only been out of her home state twice. Once to Canada, once to Disneyland, both on field trips. So, as you might imagine, I'm DYING to see more parts of the world! Although I don't have any plans, I have dreams. And they involve lots of sunshine.
My first is the most realistic. I want to take a road trip between July and August of any given year. It's typically the warmest during those times. I want to tour the U.S., and I want to spend my nights beneath the stars, with nature and the love of my life beside me. I miss the nights when I was 17, 18, with some of my friends...they'd have their guitars, we'd have beer, we'd be down by the river carefree, loving life in the middle of summer...I would love to leave all this and start over somewhere new, but first taking the long way to get there.
I would ideally like to see Australia. I'm so desperate that any time of the year would suit me. Although I don't like winter, even that would make me happy. Any part would be fine. I don't know what about it is so appealing to me, I just feel like we'd get along. It's about as far away from home as I could get, and that doesn't really have anything to do with it, but it doesn't hurt the decision making process, either.
Second on my list would be Rome, Italy. For starters, I LOVE most everything about Italians - the culture, the language, and most importantly, the FOOD! For Italy, I'd like to go when the sun could beam down my back while reading a long love story.
In the states, I want to see Tennessee. I want to visit the Grand Ol Opry. I LOVE country music. There's not a doubt in my mind that I'd fall in love with it, that it would feel more like home to me than anywhere else. Any time of year.

Those are my top four destinations. I don't think it's too far fetched, do you?

1 comment:

  1. Nah that's totally do-able. :D
    Road trips are fun, though the farthest I've been on one is to Nevada. I like flying cuz it's instant, but I like driving cuz of the time you get to share with whoever is in the car with you. <3
    I want to see Australia too. I love marsupials. I want to tour the outback lol.

    ReplyDelete

Our Love Story

 Veteran's Day has come and gone this year but I wanted to share our love story because I think it's fun (even if I'm the only o...